Popular Posts
-
Hello! This is my first EVER blog post! I hope to keep this entertaining with my random thoughts and things that go on throughout my day. He...
-
Turning 17 wasn't that big of a deal. I can get my restriction taken off of my license, yippee! My birthday is the same as my mom's ...
-
Today was a wonderful day! I saw the phrase "Live, Laugh, Love" a lot today. It seemed to be everywhere I went! Had the best thing...
-
I feel as though I'm always running and never slowing down. I have literally been traveling it seems every other week since March. Don...
-
So, I was just wondering what happened to facebook chat...I just went to see who was on to hopefully chat with somebody I needed to talk to....
-
It sure has been awhile since I decided to post! In a way I forgot about my blog...sorry dear blog! What got me back on was noticing that a ...
-
On Sunday, 10/10/10, I worked the PowerPoint at my church, and had some technical difficulties, but would definitely do it again. Then I att...
-
I hear people say ALL the time that they are ready to graduate and move on from high school onto bigger and better things, this isn't co...
-
So, in 15 days I will be enjoying myself in the California sun...I can feel it now, but I have way too much to do between now and then and i...
Monday, April 11, 2011
Wow, It's been awhile...
It sure has been awhile since I decided to post! In a way I forgot about my blog...sorry dear blog! What got me back on was noticing that a good friend of mine had a blog and I read through and thought, "I have one of those! Why don't I post anything good?" I then decided that I would write a new post! So, I was last on in October, so boy do I have things to write about! Christmas was wonderful as always, I do enjoy spending time with my family. Plus I got a Coach bag and a 4th generation iPod touch! After Christmas I believe I went to Branson over break. I then was in charge of planning my District STAR (Students Taking Action with Recognition) event competition. That kept me busy all through January and I swear I didn't get ANY Spanish done because I used my class time to work on STAR events... Woops :) Then February came and left with no significant events. Then March came and was a whirlwind. I started the month out studying for my FCCLA State Officer Candidate test, but began slacking off as I always do. Then the fun began. On March 12, I left cold, dreary Iowa and was 26 hours away from the Beach. I was on my way to Florida for my High School Band trip! 7 days and 6 nights with my friends! Walt Disney World was AMAZING! I had such a great time! I then came back and had 8 days to recover before my next big adventure, running for Iowa FCCLA State Office. If you don't know FCCLA stands for the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America. We are the only student-lead CTSO (Career and Technical Student Organization) with the family as its central focus. For me, this organization is especially important. Without it, I would not be at all who I am today. We left for the State Leadership Conference and I was more nervous than I think I ever have been. We spent Sunday shopping, which is one of my favorite pastimes. A special thing about this conference is the fact that my mom tagged along, and so did my little brother to compete in STAR events. On Monday, I watched my brother present his project, and began the election process with a test on FCCLA knowledge. The test, wasn't very hard, but I knew I missed some questions. The writing portion was easy and simple. Then came the speech. That night we had regional speeches where we delivered our 2 minute or less speech to our region's delegates. I didn't get the office. Then on Tuesday after being slightly devastated, I gave my speech to the entire Iowa delegation. I was elected. Later that day as a State Executive Council (elect) we elected our offices within ourselves. I am proud to say that I am now the Iowa FCCLA First Vice President! :) A few weeks have passed, but I am in constant contact with the rest of the state officers. Last weekend, I went shopping for a prom dress, as prom is this weekend, on my 17th birthday. As of now, I do not have any party plans, but that can always change! I hope to keep updating this as my year as an officer goes by (hopefully not too fast!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment